The traditional department store KaDeWe is the second-largest department store in Europe and was opened on March 27, 1907.
The KaDeWe Group was planning to refurbish the department store within four new quadrants as the main theme.
AUKETT + HEESE was commissioned by KaDeWe Group for design and working drawings for the refurbishment of various quadrants.
Master planning and conceptual division are based on OMA, and project control is the responsibility of the SMV Bauprojektsteuerung. The design for the individual quadrants was provided by renowned designers such as Studio Karhard (Berlin), Snarkitecture (New York), Cigue (Paris), and Universal Design (London).
— Behind the Scenes