Conversion of the post office building
A listed building of a former post and telegraph office located in Geisbergstraße was converted into a residential building. AUKETT + HEESE were appointed by General Contractor Ed. Züblin AG to prepare working drawings for the conversion of the listed building as well as 129 new-build residential units in Berlin’s district of Schöneberg.
Together with the existing building, the additions form a new and coherent ensemble. On the site of the post office, which was built in 1925, 129 flats, 5 working and living lofts and 6 floors of commercial space have been created. The design architects are Ortner & Ortner Baukunst.